In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Oxbridge British School will record visits to this website without collecting any personal identifiable information of users. These general statistics are collected for the compilation of statistical reports and the diagnosis of problems with or concerning computer systems to help improve this website.
For different purposes and at different times you may be invited to provide personal data to the School through this website on a voluntary basis. Personal information may include name, telephone number, mailing address or e-mail address, etc. The School will specify the collection purpose and intended usage of your data when it invites you to provide such information and advise you how you may request access to or correction of the personal data provided.
Unless permitted or required by law, the School will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without your prior consent.
This website uses SSL protocol to encrypt data during network transmission to protect your personal data. All personal data you provide to the School via this website are secured, and access to them is restricted to authorised personnel only. The School will not match the data obtained with any personal data possibly held by the School.
Personal Information Collection Statement
1. From time to time it is necessary for potential and present students (or their parents/guardians) and staff members of Oxbridge British School to provide certain personal data for school administrative or academic purposes.
2. Personal data of staff members, all students and their parents/guardians will be handled by relevant staff members and will be kept confidential. Such data will be kept by Oxbridge British School indefinitely, however, if the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected/used, the data may be destroyed.
3. Staff experience, pictures and/or teaching qualifications may be made available to stakeholders at the discretion of the Principal. For example, on school web sites [including but not limited to social media sites] or in announcements of appointments in newsletters or emails.
4. Oxbridge British School may also disclose some of the data to third parties such as agencies (including the Hong Kong government), school service providers, external assessors, and contractors.
5. Oxbridge British School may use the data to send communications that are relevant to parents and students, including but not limited to newsletters, programmes, events and extra-curricular activities and clubs provided by Oxbridge British School or selected third party service providers.
6. Apart from the parties listed above, Oxbridge British School will not disclose any personal data to any external bodies or organisations unless:
(a) such disclosure is expressly provided for under this Statement;
(b) permitted to do so by a student’s parent/guardian; and/or
(c) permitted or required by law.
7. Personal data may be stored on Oxbridge British School database systems and online portals and any such personal data provided will form part of the staff member or the student's official records.
8. The school may place staff members and student’s photos, name or school work, activities and accomplishments in Oxbridge British School publications, websites (including but not limited to social media sites).
9. Failure to provide the data requested may result in Oxbridge British School being unable to proceed with the purpose for which such data was requested.
10. Data subjects may submit a signed, written request to the Principal to access or to correct personal data held by the school . Oxbridge British School will levy a charge for accessing the information.